Hello reader! Welcome. In this article, we are going to discuss the word Cataclysm – Meaning, synonyms, antonyms, various forms of the word, and many examples of usage of the word in daily communication.
Cataclysm – Meaning
- The word “Cataclysm” is used to describe a sudden and violent change causing immense destruction to the surroundings.
- A cataclysm is either man-made or natural event which brings down huge amounts of destruction.
- Any event that brings great changes to the living world and causes great losses in terms of economy or human loss is a Cataclysm.
Other forms of Cataclysm
- Cataclysmal / Cataclysmic – Adjective
- Cataclysmic- Adverb
Degrees of Comparison of the Adjective
- Cataclysmic – More Cataclysmic – the Most Cataclysmic
The following are the synonyms of the word Cataclysm
- Good luck
Usage of Cataclysm in Sentences
- World War II is one of the major cataclysmic events that claimed thousands of lives.
- Osama Bin Laden was the mastermind behind the cataclysm of 9/11 attacks.
- The Coronavirus is a cataclysm that completely shook the world.
- The banking crisis would unleash a huge financial cataclysm in the developed world.
- An old myth says that there would be a cataclysm that will destroy the world and brings it to an end.
- Last week’s cyclone was a cataclysm that was unseen and unprecedented in the recent past.
- First the cyclone and then the earthquake, two cataclysms made life hell for the people in the coastal areas.
- The 2014 cyberattack on Yahoo was a cataclysm that compromised the information of millions of people.
- Man’s exploitation of the environment is leading to more and more cataclysms ever year.
- Those who predicted the floods have vacated the low-lying areas, preventing the cataclysm from destroying their lives.
Follow us on Facebook to get a daily dose of Vocabulary
Visit this English Vocabulary Portal regularly for more interesting articles on English Vocabulary