In this article, we are going to discuss the word Levity – Meaning, synonyms, antonyms, various forms of the word, and many examples of usage of the word in daily communication.
Levity – Meaning
The word “Levity” is used to describe silly, light-headed behaviors with a sense of fickle behavior, more often at inappropriate times.
- People who exhibit levity are often disrespectful by being reckless during times of seriousness.
- Levity is the behavior of people where they are carefree and tend to ignore the serious vibe around them and try to be funny.
Other forms of Levity
- Levitous – Adjective
Degrees of Comparison of the Adjective
- Levitous – More Levitous – Most Levitous
Synonyms of Levity
Antonyms of Levity
Usage of Levity in Sentences
- After a long session of serious discussion and brain-drain, the students wished for a moment of levity.
- Monica’s parents warned her to stop being levitous and concentrate on her studies sincerely.
- The movie offered a great relaxation as it had a lot of levitous moments.
- He needs to look at her trivial issues with levity and not get depressed.
- If you want to achieve something in life, you should not approach it with levity.
- The students loved Mr.Stephen as his lectures are always filled with jokes and levity.
- I prefer books with a tinge of levity in them.
- The levitous behavior of Steve in the office offered a sense of entertainment for everyone.
- In life, you need to take some moments seriously and some with levity. You cannot have too much of either of them.
Follow us on Facebook to get a daily dose of Vocabulary.
Visit this English Vocabulary Portal regularly for more interesting articles English Vocabulary