Hello reader! Welcome. In this article, we are going to discuss the word Masquerade – Meaning, synonyms, antonyms, various forms of the word, and many examples of usage of the word in actual sentences
Masquerade – Meaning
- The word “Masquerade” is used to describe any attempt at pretending as something one is not.
- Any false pretense by anyone as someone to create a sense of belief is Masquerading.
- If someone is disguising or passing off as someone else, it is an act of Masquerading.
Other forms of Masquerade
- Masqueradish – Adjective
- Masquerading/ Masqueraded — Verb
Degrees of Comparison of the Adjective
- Masqueradish – More Masqueradish – the most Masqueradish
Masquerade – Synonyms
- Pass for
- Disguise oneself
- Pose as
- Do an impression of
- Act out as
- Assume the character as
Masquerade – Antonyms
Masquerade – Usage
- His father dyed his hair to masquerade his white hair strands.
- All the young men masqueraded by wearing the politician’s masks as a mark of support.
- He was blabbering some nonsense and masquerading the truth in that process.
- The criminal masqueraded as a joker to avoid being seen.
- Look at that cunning politician masquerading as an innocent man while he was the corrupt one!
- Her husband is having an affair with another woman while he masquerades as a loving husband at home.
- He told his friends he’s going out of town at a conference to masquerade the fact that he is unemployed.
- She’s buying her attire and mask for the masquerade party.
- They colored the whole wall so as to masquerade the ugly painting.
- The cop masqueraded as a drug-dealer to catch the culprits.
Follow us on Facebook to get a daily dose of Vocabulary
Visit this English Vocabulary Portal regularly for more interesting articles on English Vocabulary